EXPERT ADVICE, SUPPORT AND CONSULTANCY
We can offer advice in the following areas:
- Employment Law advice – we pride ourselves in keeping up to date to ensure we can offer the best practice advice for you and your business. This is particularly important when dealing with complex people issues such as conflict management and implementing change;
- Bespoke Employee Handbook – Our employee handbooks are tailored for your business and provide a thorough and extremely comprehensive part of your compliance processes. We can also review or re-write your HR policies and procedures to ensure they are still legally compliant;
- Bespoke document templates – our retained clients receive a suite of complementary document templates as part of the service which cover such matters as probationary period reviews, self-certification forms, medical forms, etc all tailored for your business. These can be made available to non-retained clients at a small fee.
- Contracts of employment – these important documents should be reviewed regularly as terms and conditions often change during an employee’s career with an organisation. We can produce template documents for you to use and we will ensure they are updated regularly. We also offer advice on contractual terms and queries regarding different types of contract;
- Conflict management – employment relationships don’t always run smoothly and such issues that could potentially lead to either informal or formal complaints within the workplace, are extremely difficult to manage. They can be very time consuming and can, in themselves, because for additional stress for all those involved. We will work with you to help both parties resolve matters successfully. This can include the use of external mediation with which we can help;
- Case Management support – we offer you and your managers/supervisors help and support when dealing with grievance matters, handling poor performance, or when you need particular assistance with disciplinary investigations, disciplinary hearings or appeals talking you through each step. We also provide letters for you to use and can also assist with any administration as part of the process.
- Attendance Management – working with your managers to introduce key performance measures, assisting line managers to manage absence, carry out meaningful return to work interviews, referrals for occupational health advice when required and knowledge of disability discrimination;
- Recruitment and selection – We can assist you to advertise, select and appoint the best candidate for the role(s) you want to fill ensuring the recruitment process is fair and legally compliant;
- Equality and Diversity - Many businesses recognise the importance of embracing diversity and ensuring that their business culture encourages employees to respect each other. Employment law, too, means that businesses have to deal with equality issues on a daily basis both as a service provider and as an employer. Caroline has a unique insight in to diversity issues and has been responsible for promoting diversity and embracing equality through, for example, the production of Equality Schemes to meet the public sector duty, as well as ensuring that businesses are aware of the importance they should place on equality especially in customer facing roles. We can offer advice, write policies and deliver bespoke workshops.